When choosing a therapist to work in a Couples Retreat Massachusetts setting, consider the benefits of working with a science-trained, couples therapy specialist committed to helping you make your relationship work:
1. We Offer Privacy: One Weekend. One Highly-Trained Professional. Just the Two of You.
This is not a group retreat.
2. It's Effective: Our methods have been proven to be 70-92% effective in clinical trials. Learn More about the science.
3. Providing Cutting-edge, Science-based Treatment: Developed from over 40 years of research on real couples in the "Love Labs" of the Gottman Institute.
4. Eliminate Guesswork: Interventions which are scientifically demonstrated to be effective in helping couples.
Does your marriage deserve anything less?
There are only two science-based methods for helping couples:
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
We have a Certified Gottman Institute Couples Therapist practicing in The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, and three other therapists well-trained in these scientific methods of treating troubled relationships.
Why choose a science-trained couples therapist for a Couples Retreat Massachusetts?
Get away for a time to focus on your goals in this Couples Retreat Massachusetts
Given the extensive body of science based on helping troubled relationships, there is no debate. Working with a professional with advanced training in science-based models provides your marriage the best opportunity to grow happily together again.
Scientific. Effective. Eliminate Guesswork. A professional invested in your marriage, offering you the best help 40+ years of research can offer.
How We Are Different
Quick, Targeted, Professional Help.
Spend a weekend to improve your intimate bond.
- Highly-detailed assessment. We call it The BIG BIG Book. We get to know you thoroughly before you arrive.
- We work with marriages in severe distress...even "Last Shot" couples who are divorcing or have moved out.
- Team Support. We only work with couples and have the most advanced practitioners of couples therapy on the planet. Our team learns from each other. Sixteen Masters and Doctoral-Level clinicians. Five Gottman Certified Therapists. Two Gottman Master Trainers. In-house support, teamwork, and advice.
Why a Couples Retreat instead of Weekly Couples Therapy?
A Couples Retreat is a weekend you set aside to enhance your intimate bond. It's an intensive, focused time for you both to reflect on what your relationship means to you. Take the time to contemplate what you want out of life. When you take a weekend away to renew your love, you slow down enough to consider who you aspire to be. Your best self. It allows both of you to make a deeper, abiding commitment to living your life fully and consciously.
Your life just got better.
The Most Extensive Couples Assessment Available Today
We call it "The BIG BIG Book of Intimate Relationships."
We begin with an extensive individual and relationship assessment: The most complete assessment available today.
- Complete it online in the privacy of your home or office.
- Your Couples Therapist will study, score, and analyze your every word side-by-side.
- You are preparing to see us and we prepare to see you!
This makes your Couples Retreat Massachusetts an even more powerful experience. In completing the BIG BIG Book, you collaborate in enhancing your therapist's effectiveness.
Does your relationship suffer from any of these familiar struggles?
- Distance and coldness
- Chronic arguing
- Hurt feelings because of selfish behavior
- Poor communication
- Emotional affairs
- Divorce is on the table
- Arguments over money, work or parenting
- Betrayals and broken promises...
Words of Praise from our clients:
My husband thought we couldn't possibly benefit from just three days... We were on the brink of divorce...
Dr. Gorman, I wanted to thank you for this past weekend. I was anxious going into the weekend knowing it would be a difficult one, and it was...
Dr. K, I spent most of my marriage not knowing it could be as rich as this last month as been. I felt the "switch," over this last month, and it's felt like living in sunshine instead of shadows. My husband and I haven't had
These Couples Retreat Massachusetts are held in The Berkshires, Northampton and Amherst. They're designed to quickly address painful issues while you deepen your relationship and dramatically enhance your communication.
Get away. Take the time. Invest in your relationship.
Meet Our Couples Retreat Massachusetts Therapists:
Our Massachusetts couples therapists have training in sex therapy and treating sexual problems, affair recovery, divorce counseling, discernment counseling, and trauma specialization.
Dr. Kathy McMahon, Psy.D.
Couples Retreat held in the foothills of the Berkshires.
Certified Gottman Therapist; AASECT Certified Sex Therapy Diplomate; Certified Sex Educator; Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Externship & Core Skills (in progress); Developmental Model; Discernment Counseling. Former Director of the Counseling Program at Antioch New England
Dr. Maryanna Ham, Ed.D.
Couples Retreat held in Northampton, MA.
Fellow Status: American Psychological Association for Lifetime Achievement; Founder of the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at University of Massachusetts, Boston, Professor Emiritus; published author, speaker, trainer.
Dr. Patricia Gorman, Ed.D.
Couples Retreat held in Amherst, MA.
Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (Externship & Core Skills); Gottman Levels I & II; Clinical Fellow & Supervisor, AAMFT; Discernment Counseling (in progress). Former Director of Marriage & Family Therapy Program, University of St. Joseph
Daniel Dashnaw, MA, MFT.
Couples Retreat held in the foothills of the Berkshires.
Gottman Levels I, II & III; Emotionally-Focused Therapy Externship & Core Skills (in progress); Discernment Counseling; Developmental Model Training.
Husband/Wife therapist retreats are available.
Couples Retreat Massachusetts
Four of 16 qualified Master & Doctoral couples therapists in our Clinical Team across the USA & in Europe