An advanced professional training in person and online in sexuality and sex therapy, as well as training in online couples therapy is happening in 2015!
Ever wonder what it would be like to have a global reach?
Join us for this Online and In-person Training
Psychotherapy focused on sexuality can have a transformational impact on the lives of your clients. Become the professional able to skillfully make that happen.
Beginning in the Spring of 2015, the team at Couples Therapy Inc. will be providing a training program for professionals interested in increasing their expertise in sex therapy. Topics to be covered include…
- Desire problems in couples
- Sex Therapy when trauma is present
- Male childhood sexual and developmental trauma treatment in a couples’ setting.
- Identifying and working with ‘sexual styles’
- Taking a sex history
- Appropriate use of sexual language
- Helping parents talk to children about sex
- The physiology of sexual response
- paraphilias, their categorizations, and their treatment
- orgasm help
We will use teaching films, popular movies, slides, and active roleplaying and lectures as part of this training.
Theorists covered will include:
- David Schnarch, Ph.D.
- Esther Perel
- Helen Singer Kaplan, M.D.
- Barry McCarthy, Ph.D.
- Ellyn Bader, Ph.D. and Pete Pearson, Ph.D.
…and many more
CEU’s will be applied for
If you are interested in learning more, sign up for our email blast, providing more details: Our email page.
We’re now hiring Online Couples Therapists!
Excellent pay and training available.
If you’re interested, we are hiring clinicians with a proven track record for providing excellent couples therapy in the following states:
~ Rhode Island
You must be independently licensed, and have certification or proven training in at least one evidence-based treatment of couples. Additional training in a second couples’ treatment modality must be obtained within 12 months of hiring.
Preference given to biligual and multi-cultural couples therapists.
Send resume and cover letter outlining couples therapy experience to: Dr. McMahon through our contact page