Does Couples Therapy Inc. Really Have over 500 Years of Clinical Experience?
In a word…yes. 500 years is a long time. 500 years ago Columbus had just barely sailed the ocean blue.
There was a dancing plague in Strasbourg in which many people die from constant dancing (bet they could have used some couples therapy).
And Leonardo DaVinci was still alive, and much more interesting than Leonardo Di Caprio is today.
So here’s our proof. For USA therapists, we count the years of Clinical experience from the date of their Master’s Degree (not their Bachelor’s… that would be cheating).
Clinical Experience of the Couples Therapy Inc. Team, as of June 23, 2018.
- Dr. Kathy McMahon, Founder, CEO, Certified Gottman, AASECT certified sex therapist. 39 years.
- Dr. Scott Wolfe, Certified Gottman Trainer, & Therapist. 39 years.
- Dr. Michael McNulty, Certified Gottman Trainer, & Therapist. 32 years.
- Lisa Lund CRC MFT, Certified Gottman Trainer, & Therapist. 26 Years.
- Dr. Maryanna Ham, Legend in the Field! Lifetime achievement award APA. 43 years.
- Rev. James Ramsey MDiv MFT, Certified Gottman Therapist, and Presenter. 47 years.
- Stacy Hubbard LMFT, Certified Gottman Trainer, and Therapist. 13 years.
- Angela Voegele MSW, Certified Gottman Therapist, AASECT certified sex therapist. 8 years.
- Dr. Marni Feureman, Certified EFT Therapist, & writer at the Gottman Blog. 22 years.
- Dr. Heide Rodriguez-Ubinas, Level 3 Gottman Therapist 19 years.
- Dr. Patricia Gorman, Advanced training in EFT, Level II Gottman. 37 years.
- Daniel Dashnaw MFT, Level III Gottman, Advanced Training EFT. 2 years.
- Jennifer Elkins MHC, Level III Gottman, EFT Externship. 9 years.
- Jennifer Sue Taylor LMFT, Advanced Training EFT, Level II Gottman. 37 years.
- Jenny Fang MS, Level III Gottman, CBT Certified 11 years.
- Marisa Mundey LMFT, Level III Gottman. 10 years.
- Dr. Alisha Powell, Level III Gottman. 6 years.
- Kent MacEachern LMFT, Level III Gottman, Certified Instructor and Training Associate with Interpersonal Communication Programs. 39 Years.
- Dr. John “Doug” Burford LPC, Level III Gottman, Gottman presenter Facilitator – SYMBIS (Save Your Marriage Before It Starts) 29 years.
- Havi Kligfeld LCSW, Gottman II, trained at the prestigious Ackerman Institute. 24 years.
International Couples Therapists
Their educational requirements for independent practice are different and don’t require a Master’s Degree to practice at an independent level.
- Nancy St. John HDip, Gottman Levels I & II; Mentorship and Certified Developmental Model; Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Certified Imago Therapist; Certified Discernment Counseling Specialist. 12 years.
- Jack O’Leary HDip, Gottman II. 16 years
- Tehilla Luttig Registered Counsellor H, Gottman II. 11 years.
We’ll do the math for you. That’s 531 years of direct clinical experience.
Pretty amazing if I say so myself.
So there you have it. Don’t be fooled. Experience and training matter.
Couples Therapy Inc. we only do one thing. Science-based couples therapy. and we’ve been doing it for a very long time…